I'm working on getting an automatic redirect working
Wednesday, April 04, 2007
I don't have much to say, but I just want to get something down on the screen. (Oh, new media terms, why don't you have the same romantic feel as old-school ones)
Tonight is the geek dinner at Molly Bloom's. So I guess if you're reading this and its still April 4th, and you have an interest in blogs, podcasting etc then stop on by this evening. We're meeting at 7:30.
In the school vein, I've got two major papers I still need to write. One of them is started, the other I still haven't finished the book. I'm hoping I can use some of the same material for both of them. Thankfully profs don't swap essays around.
Saturday, March 31, 2007
This recent news story grabbed my attention on Digg:
Wow, seems shocking! Once you read the story you find out that apparently the man returned home to find his wife in a robe and underwear and a man sitting in a truck outside her house. The wife claimed she was raped and so the husband shot at the man, killing him. One small problem, she wasn’t raped and the man her husband shot was her lover.
The man was exonerated because he was lawfully allowed to protect his wife. On the other hand the wife was indicted and faces 20 years in prison for lying about the rape.
Next time this woman will probably have a better excuse to being caught cheating then claiming she was raped.
Thursday, March 29, 2007
I drink Starbucks coffee. There I said it, I admit my pretentious coffee drinking habits.
Every morning I walk into the library down the steps to Quotes and get my grande Verona blend coffee. Its comes to $2.01 so I always have exact change ready.
But this morning I didn't have $2. So instead I'm drinking Tim Horton's coffee. Only because its cheaper.
I don't have anything particular to say but I just wanted to get something down on the screen so I can get back into the swing of things.
Currently working on a new blog, once its up and running to the extent I want it I'll post an announcement. I'm really excited about it, I think its going to be fun to write and very current.
Monday, March 26, 2007
Well I think its about time that I started writing again. Probably has something to do with Bill Deys tagging me and no doubt sending all sorts of traffic my way. But a kick in the pants is always a good thing.
So 7 songs that I'm currently digging? Being such a music lover, and always having so many favorites, that's a tough thing to do. Instead I'm going to pick the last seven songs I bought on iTunes, from most recent back
1. I wish I was a Punk Rocker (With Flowers in my Hair) - Sandi Thom. This Brit is downright amazing! She started out completely DIY putting on concerts from her house on a webcam. Got discovered by a label and put out a record.
2. The Sweet Escape - Gwen Stefani. Ever since Hollaback Girl came out Gwen has been my guilty pleasure. Brings back good memories of sitting in cars and belting out the lyrics at the top of my lungs. Make sense that I would pick up the new single then eh?
3. Mine Again - Black Lab. Purchased as part of Bum Rush the Charts and the song is actually pretty good.
4. Inside In / Inside Out - The Kooks. I love Brit rock and this is another great band from the U.K. Remind me of a combination of Bloc Party, Hot Hot Heat, Kaiser Chiefs and Hard-Fi
5. Walter Reed - Michael Penn. This Penn is Sean Penn's younger brother and I discovered this song in the closing credits of an episode of House.
6. Home - Michael Buble - Another guilty pleasure
7. Reunited - Peaches and Herb. This 70's era soul band wins any award in my book purely for their name. Another song purchased because of the memories I have about it. Waiting in line at Jimmy Kimmel and watching him and Clay Aiken perform it.
So thats what I've been spending my hard earned cash on. To keep up the tradition I better tag some more people. Lets go with some old friends, Joel Timmerman, Mike Coutu and someone whose always ready to blog Jamie Grant
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Every get the feeling when your listening to a song that it perfectly describes your current situation?